The activity of this department of EVE takes place along four differentiated lines:
- Creation and maintenance of a documentary infrastructure on the geology and mining resources of the Basque Country.
The documentation available includes:
- Geological and mining maps.
- Databases of potential resources in the mineral, metal and industrial sectors.
- Databases of geological and mining exploratory surveys.
To carry out this work efficiently, cooperation agreements are reached with other public institutions in the Spanish State.
- Research into mineral resources in the Basque Country.
Performance of research projects into metal sector and industrial mining resources.
- Provision of consultancy and consultation services in the geology/mining field.
Mainly aimed at Public Administration bodies in the Basque Country: Municipal Councils, Territorial Administrations and the Regional Government. The above services mainly focus on:
- Risk studies associated with old mining infrastructures.
- Plans for the mining sector.
- Valorising the geological and mining heritage.
- Supporting the management of companies participated in by EVE.
Exploration and production of oil & gas. See www.shesa.eus